Saturday 13 April 2013

L is for Lists

This could probably have gone under P for planning, but I have another P lined up already.

I love lists! When I'm planning a story I make so many lists of scenes I want to include, character traits to include, places to take the character, lists of 10 random words to use for inspiration when I'm stuck for an idea, and lists of things I need to do during the day around my writing.

One of these lists I wrote a couple of weeks ago went like this:
  • Write 500 words
  • Washing up
  • Write 500 words
  • Car tax!
  • Write 500 words
  • Do the washing
  • Google coffins
  • Write the confrontation bit with Ali and Nexus
  • Lunch
  • Write 500 words
  • Figure out why she goes to the dock
  • Wash hair
 In case you're wondering, the coffins were related to the story, not to a personal bereavement!

No comments:

Post a Comment